22 May Kids Art Tutorials | How to Paint an Aboriginal Platypus
Hi, I’m Ali Hargreaves and I’m the tutor for Ready, Steady, Paint! I’ve come up with some exciting children’s art activities which I’d like to share with you. The following art activity is free and shows you how to create an Aboriginal Platypus. Over the next few weeks I’m going to be sharing lots more free fun activities for you to complete with me, so make sure you keep checking our website and social media for more!
1) Draw the main shapes of the Platypus with pencil.
2) Draw the shape of the platypus with pen and add the eyes and the five toes on each foot.
3) Add some patterns with a pencil such as waves lines and circles (These are typical of Aboriginal Art)
4) Paint the main areas in colours that make you happy.
5) Use a pencil with an eraser on the end and use it to print lines of dots over the picture.
6) Use the end of a barbecue stick to make smaller dots and add those in between.
7) You have a wonderful platypus.
Hope you’ve had fun. Remember to let us know how you get on and send us photos of your Platypus…we’d love to see them!
To download the ‘How to Paint an Aboriginal Platypus’ Art worksheet (with step-by-step pictures), please click the below picture. We have lots of other activities available for your to download for free! You can also view all activities here.