02 Jun Kids Art Tutorials | How to Paint a Panda!
Hi, I’m Ali Hargreaves and I’m the tutor for Ready, Steady, Paint! I’ve come up with some exciting children’s art activities which I’d like to share with you. The following art activity is free and shows you how to create a cute little Panda on some old newspaper! Over the next few weeks I’m going to be sharing lots more free fun activities for you to complete with me, so make sure you keep checking our website and social media for more!
1) First of all you need to prepare your background by tearing up pieces of newspaper and sticking them onto paper. Make sure you are overlapping them.
2) Let it dry and then draw the Panda. Copy mine.
3) Then I used black and white ink to paint the main areas of the panda. Use a brush with a good point. If you are a member of Ready, Steady Paint….use the No 6 brush from your first box! You could use watercolour or felt pens instead if you don’t have ink.
4) Use the point of the brush to get the detail of the fur. If using ink you can paint white over black or black over white. If you have felt pens, or crayons you could get the detail with those too.
5) Now add the background using either coloured inks or watercolour. Look how the newspaper print shows through adding interesting texture to the background.
6) I added a little brown to the fur and a pink tongue.
Hope you’ve had fun. Remember to let us know how you get on and send us photos of your Panda…we’d love to see them!
To download the ‘How to Paint a Panda Art worksheet (with step-by-step pictures), please click the below picture. We have lots of other activities available for your to download for free! You can also view all activities here.