09 Jun Kids Art Tutorials | Draw a Knickerbocker Glory!
Hi, I’m Ali Hargreaves and I’m the tutor for Ready, Steady, Paint! I’ve come up with some exciting children’s art activities which I’d like to share with you. The following art activity is free and shows you how to draw a Knickerbocker Glory! Over the next few weeks I’m going to be sharing lots more free fun activities for you to complete with me, so make sure you keep checking our website and social media for more!
1) Draw the main structure using a pencil and a ruler. Draw a vertical line first and then measure each side of the vertical line making sure it is the same distance apart. That way you will get a symmetrical glass.
2) Draw round the shape of the glass with pen and add layers of sauce and pieces of fruit. Don’t make them too straight so it looks more natural.
3) Maybe add a layer of dribble sauce?
4) Add cream to the top…I used swirly lines, but you could just add a plain dollop to make it easier. Then add something special on top eg a cherry, chocolate flake or something.
5) Colour it in using different colours for each layer. I used watercolours. If you are a member of Ready Steady Paint, use your watercolours and no 6 watercolour brush. It’s perfect for this! You will also be an expert at painting the strawberries!
6) Add some “sprinkles” by getting wet watercolour bon your brush and tapping it gently over the top of the cream. You should have a Knickerbocker Glory that looks good enough to eat.
Remember to let us know how you get on and send us photos of your work…we’d love to see them!
To download the ‘Draw a Knickerbocker Glory’ Art worksheet (with step-by-step pictures), please click the below picture. We have lots of other activities available for your to download for free! You can also view all activities here.