22 Apr Kids Art Tutorials | How to Draw Cartoon Faces
Hi, I’m Ali Hargreaves and I’m the tutor for Ready, Steady, Paint! I’ve come up with some exciting children’s art activities which I’d like to share with you. The following art activity is free and shows you how to draw cartoon faces! Over the next few weeks I’m going to be sharing lots more free fun activities for you to complete with me, so make sure you keep checking our website and social media for more!
- First of all you need to practise drawing the different features of the face. First, practise the eyes.
- Add eyebrows in different positions to give different expressions.!
- Practise drawing different mouths.
- Then try some noses; big, long, short, flat, round. Use you imagination!
- Now draw some different shaped heads.
- Add the hair. Can you think of other ones you could try?
- Put it all together. See how many different faces you can create. Make your characters look happy, sad, angry, or surprised. Add glasses, a hat, earrings, etc. Hope you’ve had fun, remember to let us know how you get on and send us photos of your faces…we’d love to see them!
To download the ‘Cartoon Faces worksheet (with step-by-step pictures), please click the below picture. We have lots of other activities available for your to download for free! You can also view all activities here.